The laboratory was founded by the project “Biotechnology of New Materials” in SibFU, Institute of Fundamental Biology and Biotechnology, which had won the competition for the mega-grants of Russian Federation Government within the framework of the program to support research in Russian higher education institutions, supervised by the world leading scientists.
The project is focused on the establishment of the Center of biotechnology excellence; it includes fundamental research, educational and innovative activities in the field of biotechnology of new biomaterials.
The project is fulfilled by the Basic department of Biotechnology, involving the department for Medical Biology and others from SibFU, and resulted with the creation of the Lab of New Materials.
The project is supervised by the world-class leading scientist -Prof. Anthony J. Sinskey, famous in the field of biotechnology of molecular genetic, metabolomics and microbiology. Prof. Sinskey has significant experience in research and realization of his ideas in the field of metabolic engineering, aimed to the obtaining of target products, focusing on fundamental physiology, biochemistry and molecular genetics.
Cooperation with Russian research organizations and universities:
- Belgorod National Research University,
- Mendeleyev University of Chemical Technology of Russia,
- Institute of Chemical Biology and Fundamental Medicine SB RAS,
- Novosibirsk National Research University,
- Institute of Biophysics SB RAS,
- Kirensky Institute of Physics SB RAS,
- Institute of Chemistry and Chemical Technology SB RAS,
- Institute of Macromolecular chemistry of the NAS of Ukraine,
- Krasnoyarsk State University of Technology,
- Krasnoyarsk State Medical University named after Professor V.F. Voyno-Yasenetsky,
- Siberian State Medical University (Tomsk).
Cooperation with international universities and organizations:
- Middle-East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey;
- Westphalian Wilhelms-University of Münster, Münster, Germany;
- Institute for Microbiology (IMB) of the University of Stuttgart, Stuttgart, Germany;
- Center of Excellence in Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering (BIOMATEN)of Middle-East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey;
- European group on encapsulation (National School of Engineering Techniques of Agricultural and Food Industries) (ENITIAA).